- Formally trained for eight years by a Certified Master Dog Groomer
- Has trained dogs for over 20 years, dealing with a broad spectrum of behavioral problems and issues, ranging from aggression to severe shyness.
- Created and implemented an award winning behavior management program for training penguins at the Cincinnati Zoo.
- Has instructed coursework and classes on operant conditioning and training for all the zoo keepers, volunteers, and education personnel at the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden.
- Achieved the title Senior Zoo keeper for an over 21 year career at the Cincinnati Zoo.
- Featured in Cincinnati Magazine for work with animals.
- Performed speaking engagements and published papers about training animals all over the country and internationally for various companies and animal training organizations.
- Elected the 2010 President of the Animal Behavior Management Alliance, an organization of individuals working together and striving to better understand the science of animal behavior. (www.theABMA.org)
Over the years on several occasions I have been asked about my earliest memory of when I first became fascinated by animals and nature. Luckily, I actually remember that very moment when I was 3 three years old. It began on a warm comfortable summer day when...Read More